[Taipei] Airport _ Plaza Premium Lounge

My travel plan this time is a little bit a rush. My plane is taking off at around 7pm, and I still need to work until 3pm. To make myself more comfortable before boarding, I decided to take my luggage to work place, head to the airport right after work, and to have a shower at the airport. Before this day, I googled if there's any shower facilities in Taoyuan International Airport. 

Actually there are some. And I can use one at the Plaza Premium Lounge from my CTBC credit card offer (benefit). So let's take a look at what it is like in the lounge.  

After going through the security check, we are approaching duty-free shops on the same floor. At the left hand side, there's an escalator to the 4th floor. Up-stair the first lounge ahead is Plaza Premium Lounge A1, where you can enjoy TV, magazines, newspapers, as well as some beverages and food.

Since I need to take a shower before getting aboard, I have to go to the other lounge "Plaza Premium Lounge A".   Because this is my first time coming to the lounge, I came earlier than I used to do. I arrived the airport 3 hours before taking off, checked my luggage, passed the security check, and very soon came to the front desk of the lounge. 

 This is the Plaza Premium Lounge A where you can take a shower.

Sofas and couches in this open area. There's a TV with a spectrum of channels. I hope I can watch some tennis game today to kill my time... unfortunately none matches were playing this time.

After checking in at the front desk, go inside and you'll see this dining area serving Taiwanese beef noodles, dim-sum, salad, cookies, and drinks. There are also TVs on the walls, magazines and newspapers of course. 
  
To use shower facilities, you have to ask the front desk first. And their clerk will lead you to the shower room, which is locked unless they open the door for you.

This is what the shower room look like. In a very simplicity style with aceramic tile walls and a granite wall. Dry and clean as it should be.

Complimentary tooth brush, toothpaste, comb, razor, shampoo and body wash. So you don't have to prepare any of them. 


I just took about 20 min to finish showering and drying my hair. I still had plenty of time before boarding. Eating too much is not a good idea before a long-time flight. So I skip all of the food at the buffet region. This photo only shows a small portion of the buffet region, there're still many selections at dining spread.

Dim-sum, I skip this area, too.

I thing I might miss Taiwanese beef noodle when I get the U.S. Thus this became my excuse to order this made-to-order dish. How'd it taste? I think it's good. Although not as good as those famous beef noodles in Taipei. Actually I put those scallions by myself, normally people don't add that many scallions in the soup. 

Cold beverages and some pudding, jelly in the fridge. 

Besides dining room, there's another room with couches. These seatings are far more comfortable than those in boarding area. Plus there are charging stations and complimentary wi-fi here. But now I still have 2 hours to wait for... Well, I took my lessons, "I'd never go to airport so early again". I'm still bad at waiting. Huh.

Webpage of Plaza Premium Lounge

[Taipei] Airport _ Plaza Premium Lounge [Taipei] Airport _ Plaza Premium Lounge Reviewed by 白袍下自由的靈魂 on 1/31/2018 Rating: 5

No comments